The project would like to take up the impulses and needs for the prevention of and protection against sexual violence in international youth work from the online expert day coordinated by IJAB on 26 June 2020. It supports organisations in the field in developing instruments and measures for the prevention of sexual violence.
International youth work takes place in very different formats and against the background of different organisational structures and cultures. Accordingly, the range of approaches and measures for the prevention of and protection against sexual violence is diverse and the needs of international youth work organisations differ. Therefore, a broad examination of the topic is required. The focus will be on:
- the special features of international youth work in the development of protection concepts,
- the role of foreign partners in the implementation of prevention and protection concepts,
- the consideration of target groups and stakeholders in development and implementation processes,
- the (further) development of training and coaching concepts for full-time and voluntary professionals.
In order for protection concepts to be effective in international exchange, it is initially important to have an overview of the legal and cultural background of sexual violence against young people in the partner countries. A monitoring project provides an overview of this. The results serve as a basis for the joint development of a toolkit to support the organisations in their prevention measures and in the development of protection concepts.
Building on this, a working group with the participation of IJAB members as well as the offices and funding agencies of international youth work will subsequently accompany and steer the development process of instruments and tools to support organisations. In order to include an international perspective in the process, the working group will be expanded to include international partners in the course of the project.
At the end of the project process, the project results and the developed support tools will be presented and tested in practice at an international expert event.
Milestones of the project
- Monitoring: recording legal and cultural backgrounds of sexual violence against young people in partner countries
- Meeting of the national working group to monitor the project and prepare the partner conference
- Partner conference to create a common basis for the development of the toolkit "Development of Protection Concepts for International Youth Work
- International expert event to present the results and test the toolkit
- Dissemination of the results and evaluation of the process
Qualification and Further Development of
International Youth Work